Wednesday, April 16, 2014

So half way through Week 1 - Check In!

Good morning!  So it's Wednesday (no worries, you wont see me write the other "thing"!)

What a week so far;

Monday started out GREAT.  One thing with upping my water intake I can't believe how much I use the bathroom (reminder I set a goal of 10 squats every time I use the restroom at work)!  I ended up doing 130 Squats Monday!

Left work late and was determined the get my mile walk in with Miss Penny, did that in 23minutes before going to my 6pm hoop class.  Which was a good and bad thing, I didn't stretch so I hurt my calf (which I found out later that night).  Flew to my Hula Hoop Class at Studio Spin with Katie Hinderdeer.   Man did I get a workout!  I am still just working on keeping the hoop around my waste but getting better.  By the end of class was able to get a few rotations of the hoop around my shoulders!  I am finally learning to loosen my body up and get out of my head.  Which Is hard for me!  Then after class I made it to the gym where I ran my mile in 15:58!  This is when I learned I hurt my calf as sadly I wasn't able to run the whole mile as my calf started cramping up A LOT!  So I had to slow down to a walk for at least half of it! :( So more stretching next time.  Got home and put my skates on and rolled around the house for 15minutes.

Tuesday was a BUST was to cold to do anything outside and wet!  The gym was packed so I couldn't get a treadmill the two times I stopped by.  So I ended up just going grocery shopping and taking Tuesday as a rest day.  I didn't even do as many squats as Monday, only 100.  So need to up my water intake. 

Today,  Sadly I didn't get my morning walk in as it was too cold.  I hope to get  back up to 130 squats.  I don't know if I will get the mile walk in with Penny tonight because of temperature but I will make it to the gym and get on the treadmill.  Will also get my skates on for a little while tonight. 

Side note: check out my friend Jenny Dixon's Blog at www.Hoopinions.com.  I met Jenny through a meetup group trying to start a Burlesque group here in Lancaster (which Jenny I still want to do, I talked to Rachel about maybe a class at the studio!)  She is REALLY into Hula Hopping and is GREAT at it.  She started a blog about her hooping experience!  So Check it out.    PS. Jenny thank you for the mention in your blog post Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment