Friday, May 2, 2014

What's in a Name

Coming up with what will be my derby name or stage name has been a very difficult process.  Though there are very few Amber's in the world, there are a lot that play Derby.  Or maybe that it isn't that a lot play derby but it is just that there are very few "Amber" driven names or Puns and all the good ones are taken!

You have;
Amber Skates of Pain
Amber Wavez of Pain
Amber Graves of Slain
Amber Alert
Amber Dextrious
Amberosia
Amber Etta
Amberetta Pistol
Ambergeddon
Amber Lager
Amber Block
Amber Ail
Amber Slam'er
Amber Zerker
Forever Amber

So you can see it is has been VERY hard to come up with a cleaver and witty name that is not take, using my name.

Now I have come up with a few, some with the help of freinds...

Amber Curves of Pain
Am-burglar (like Ham-burger, thank you Stomppin' Lizzy)

Butt'er Scotch (this one due to my love of scotch.... Thank you Thistle)
and there were more but they are bastardization of those that are taken which would probably cause them to be rejected)  Like .45Amberetta or Amber ALE, but nothing really grabbed me.

Then my very good friend Terry suggest I step away from my name and going with something of a sewing theme.  To go along with my love of sewing and my tattoo.  Which was a great Idea as the ideas came a following...

Stitches N' Lace
Sew Tawdry
Lady MacStitch (The lady duth' sew to much)  a nod to not only sewing but my past life in theatre.
Lil' Miss Stitch
Bust-A-Stitch
Stitch Shocked
Bobbin Weave
Buxom Bobbin
Stunning Stitches

It is the last one that the ones that I consider my closest friends and shared my ideas all picked as their favorite.

Then I shared it with my Derby Sister Thistle who suggested a more derby spelling of it....that is referenced sewing and being a bad ass!!!!!

Stun'n'Stitches

I Think I finally found my Derby Name!!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment